Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Christianity Is Not For The Faint At Heart, Neither Is Sailing

I heard this story from Jason Upton. "I met a sailor the other day. I asked him, how do you sail like you do safely. And he laughed and said, Jason, you can't sail across the Atlantic and do it safely. No sailor ever sails safely. Its not really sailing unless you push it to the edge. Its not sailing unless you have a chance to die. That is what makes it fun." Jason then goes on to talk about how in this age of Church and in this age of taking the bible and taking out all the scary stuff and the dirty stuff..... You know i think he is on to something. Shouldn't Christianity be scary. Shouldn't it have a chance that we might die for living out the truth. But it doesn't here in America. We have made the gospel into something its not. We have made it into this little nice book that wont get us into trouble. Well it seems that when I read it there are people always getting there selves into to trouble for obeying and following God.

You know what sucks about this though. My head understands that following Jesus is scary. That He will get me into trouble and I wont be liked by all if I follow Him, but my heart doesn't want to jump on board with that idea. See I keep second guessing things. I know I was suppose to quit my job and start hauling amish. I know that this is going to make me and my wife lean on Him more, but I am scared. Scared of what? Well I guess failure. Not that my business will fail but that I didn't hear right. Maybe I was just doing this for me. Maybe I...... You see what I mean? And I know all the verses. I just got to put them into use. I have to start putting my knowledge into action and then my heart will catch on. Whats the worst that could happen? If I am wrong at least I will learn through this. If I an wrong at least I am trying to please Him. And this is how I want my life to be marked. I want to know that I tried to Please Him with everything I have and not holding anything back. So I guess I will keep "Giving it all away, because its the Christian Way". I mean what do I have to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment