Monday, January 18, 2010

Joy

It seems to me that Joy inst just given to you. However I wish it was. Over these past few weeks I have come to realize that you have to find joy, and then once you find it you have to take it with you every where.

See it isn't that joyful when your pipes bust under your house. It isn't that joyful when you van won't start. It also isn't that joyful when you know that you have given away most of your money and now are running out. But you see this is placing my joy in the wrong things. I shouldn't be joyous because I have an abundance. I shouldn't be joyous because everything seems to be going right. I should be joyous in the fact I have a heavenly Father that loves me. My joy should be in the fact that I am doing what pleases my Father. Doing what pleases my Father isn't always safe or comfortable. In fact once you do this all hell breaks loose and trys to stop you. And this is where me and my wife are at. Hell has broken loose these past few weeks. It has come close to stealing the joy that we have found, but we are saying no.

I am learning a lot about where I put my trust and faith. I am learning a lot of what I have talked about for a few years has never been put to practice till now.

So I urge you fellow Christ followers to find true Joy and never let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment